I've had everything I've needed to make this for ages now but never got around to making some up. A friend bought a tin of the stuff and up cycled a mirror. It looked great and I kicked myself for not doing anything sooner. So yesterday my projects got underway.
The recipe I use:
2 tbsp of powdered grout
A splash of water
A cupful of paint (you can use any paint here, any colour but Matt is best)
You put your grout in a bowl and add a splash of water and mix until it resembles pancake batter.
You need to make sure there are no lumps at this point, it does not leave a nice finish. I use a metal whisk for magi this up. Once it has been whisked to within an inch of it's life add your paint. I use an old ladle for this and 2 ladelfuls equal about a cup. Give it a good ol' stir and it's ready!
This dries up quickly but add a splash of water and a quick whisk and it good to go again.
So simple to make and most will have a pack of grout kicking around. It was so relaxing too!


No comments:
Post a Comment