Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Revamped Lamp


I was given a lamp by family and although it was too dark for me I knew with a bit of paint and a nice shade it would look great in our front room.


A lovely little lamp.

I used my chalk paint recipe and painted it white. I started off by putting masking tape around the connector at the top and the lead. With chalk paint you don't actually need to sand your piece down first, just give it a good clean. I used sugar soap. It took quite a few coats to paint this beast because it's a dark colour. I did a coat of chalk paint then a coat of white emulsion to block out some of the under colour then topped it with a couple more coats of chalk paint. In hindsight I should have given it a light sanding just to lighten it up a bit prior to painting.



It's actually turned out really nice! I'm so chuffed as this is my first chalk paint project. I just need to give it a light coat of wax for protection and it's good to go.

Perfect for our family

No comments:

Post a Comment